“Don’t get mad. Don’t get even. Get stronger, faster and more powerful. Fill yourself with knowledge and empathy and an indomitable spirit, because no one else can do that for you. In the end, it’s your life, your choice and your world. Give 110%, always.” — Apolo Ohno
As I have stated so many times in my Help Me Rhonda columns…the service advisor has an enormous role in the business! You are the face of the business to your customers…you are the middleman/woman between the counter and the technicians. Everyone depends on you!
Sometimes I am sure that is a burden to you… especially when you take the brunt of the wrath of an unhappy customer who is positive that the technician messed up on their car repair/service. Through it all, stay positive. How?
• Always be polite to the customer.
• Remember… you know more about auto service/repair than the customer ever will… you are an authority on the subject!
• If the techs really did mess up, you know the best way to soothe the customer and give the tech a pep talk on doing it correctly this time!
• You have chosen this occupation … this career… because you love it! You are the very best at what you do!
• You take training classes or sign up for online service advisor blogs because you always strive to learn more in order to be more!
You are the best and you do give 110% each and every day! Be proud of who you are and what you do! It is a gift!
News Works Marketing