We are a resource…
Did you know that we are the oldest marketing company specializing in helping you, the independent repair shop owners, grow their business? It has been over 28 years and we are still going strong and we have seen it all. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly… This goes for both traditional and internet (now called digital) marketing. Unfortunately, we have also witnessed quite a few shop owners who see a new marketing concept and for some reason feels compelled to try it. Unfortunately, more times than not, it doesn’t work and once again a lot of good money and time is wasted. But it does not have to be like that. Most of our clients pick up the phone and call us or email us to get our perspective.
Marketing gimmicks come along all the time, usually with great fanfare, hooking unsuspecting business owners. We know you are a NEED industry and your marketing needs and wants differ from most other businesses. We get the same calls making the same promises to us!
We have many customers who tell us that they wouldn’t be in business today if it wasn’t for News Works. We helped them capture the attention of their customers and build up their car count. We enabled them to keep their customers’ attention and loyalty so they aren’t tempted to stray to the chains/dealerships. Here is how to do it!
- Consistent marketing! All of your marketing should inform, educate and entertain to attract attention and keep it.
- Direct mail gives you room to really make an impression. We recommend you do a direct mail piece at least quarterly.
- Social media helps give you “top of mind awareness” to your followers. Keep it short and use an interesting picture and post at least weekly.
- Websites should be easy to navigate and not filled with so many repeat words your reader gives up in disgust (If I am reading about brake repair I don’t need to see the words “brake repair” 50 times in one short article)!
- On hold messaging can even be informative, educational and entertaining.
- Now that you have grabbed their attention you can build on the relationships by community marketing! This can be accomplished in a variety of ways! Here are few examples of what our customers are doing so successfully:
- Contests! – They do everything from monthly drawings to guessing games. The trick is the customer has to come into the shop to be eligible. That doesn’t mean they need their car serviced every month but they drop by to participate in the program. They then are contacted if they win and their picture is taken and put in the newsletter or on Facebook.
- Art contests for elementary schools – Teachers and parents like a shop who cares and participates in this event!
- Car Care Clinics are also well received and what a great way to inform, educate and entertain!
Remember, this method of growth is done through emotions which is the key element in building trust which is the key element in building loyalty.
I could do an entire seminar on this subject but I try to keep Help Me Rhonda short as I know you are all so very busy. For more information on how to keep growing and filling those bays, contact me or George Zabrecky (you can reach George at 513-378-0003 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
News Works Marketing